Wednesday 18 July 2012

Pffft

What a week...

The stars aligned, the Gods conspired, and the universe decided it was high time to dish out a metaphorical wedgie of bad luck on me.

Firstly, a senile old man drives into the back of me leaving me with chronic whiplash, so bad that I cant even hold a paintbrush still for a second; any miniature I paint looks like it was done with a roller.

Secondly, Hurrah!! My OSX Snow Leopard disc arrived. Ten minutes later and I want to put the stupid disc in the toaster.
Half way through the new OS booting onto my mac, it crashed. My Macbook is now stuck in a constant state of laptop limbo. Then the cold tentacles of fear start to creep up my spine, I forgot to back up my hard drive before starting...

All my campaign scenarios, music, movies, rulebooks, research, GONE.
A disc recovery programme managed to locate the files but they're all corrupted and totally unsalvageable.

In a torrent of rage I destroyed the nearest thing to me, a box of coco pops. Then, having popped a load of pain killers for the whiplash, went off to bed (at 4:30 in the afternoon) in protest to a rubbish day (and mainly to avoid any more bad luck).

Seeing as I can't paint or build any terrain at the moment, I thought I'd post a few pictures of the mountain of lead and plastic I have yet to complete.

Vampires, Zombies, Marines and Insurgents
My Vampire warband for Mordheim 


My first smattering of zombies


Some Insurgents for Force on Force games

 A Rifle Platoon of US Marines





2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about all the grief, the loss of all your data is probably irreconsilable - I know mine was last year when a similar thing happened top me(I was in hospital !)
    I fully empathise with you mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad luck dude. Things can only get better! Lots going on then

    ReplyDelete