Wednesday 4 July 2012

Beginnings

Welcome to the blog of a self confessed zombiephile. 

I've arrived late to miniature gaming. I had friends who played 40k and WFB growing up, but it didn't capture my imagination. Then, 2 years ago, a friend convinced me to accompany him to Salute, and It was there that I picked up my first zombie miniatures. 

Two years later and they're still sitting on a shelf, ignored, unloved and unpainted. Im hoping this Blog will be the kick up the arse I need to wade through a mounting pile of miniatures, and a head full of scenarios unwritten.





At ten years of age this image terrified me. Having snuck downstairs to watch Dawn of the Dead, I turned the TV on and witnessed a plaid shirted zombie stumble towards the camera; I think my scream woke the whole neighborhood...a horror fan was born.




I recently met the man responsible for my fascination with all things zombie. He was everything you would hope your hero to be; friendly, witty and very, very talkative. We chatted about his movies, upcoming projects and the state of genre movies today. He inspired me to pull my finger out and get creative.

Sorry for the long winded introduction, and thank you for making it this far!

My next few posts will show the mountain of plastic and lead I have yet to tackle, as well as a sneak peak at the 'living' campaign I'm devising for an outbreak in the fictional, small American town of Ravensbrook, AZ.

They don't know what hell is about to be visited upon them...





5 comments:

  1. Commendable first post sir, Great pic, Look forward to you campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone who has met and likes St. George of the Dead is okay with me. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine the scream...... That is when you know the movie is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo! Add the follower widget so I don't miss any posts!

    ReplyDelete