Tuesday 14 August 2012

Picking the Remains

Having cleared out the attic, after recently moving house, I've discovered a haul of bits and bobs I'd completely forgotten about. Its amazing what gets shoved up into the attic (by the wife) once you have a baby on the way!
I used to play in a band and my picks of choice were made by Hot Picks. I used to play with a medium gauge zombie pick, and was a regular buyer from their store (so much so they sent me a promotional poster to stick to my amp).




Nothing better than soloing with a zombie head
After the clear out I was sent to the supermarket to pick up some dinner. Whilst there I bought a copy of Remains on DVD. I'd spied this online and thought to give it a watch with the wife later that night.
Picking any movie to watch with her is intimidating enough; my track record for picking good movies is awful, and this movie just hammered the point home.



It was the worst kind of bad...boring.

I can watch a truly awful film, and enjoy it for what it is, but when a movie just drags, and is full of dull dialogue and lack lustre acting then I'm done with it.
It actually made me angry. Reason being that I loved the comics this was based on. The story was fun and the characters interesting. The action sequences moved along at a nice pace and you felt drawn into the world he'd created.
So when Steve told us the comic had been optioned 7 years ago, I thought it would be cool to see. Even more so after seeing 30 Days of Night.

I can't even recommend it as a so-bad-its-good movie. At the end I just felt cheated and disappointed at a missed opportunity.


On more of a hobby note, the whiplash is all but gone, so I've started work on building some pieces of terrain/street furniture. First up are some coffins/body bags for my morgue.

More to follow...

4 comments:

  1. Here's to a speedy recovery, looking forward to getting inspiration from your street furniture and other bits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your on the mend. A lot of films are a bit too hyped up recently and are a disappointment to watch. Looking forward to seeing you terrain when finished

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is shocking news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that any bettor needs to see this,

    Watch this now or quit betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - SPORTS BETTING ROBOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Blog , Thanks
    Single noble business trip massage Noble business trip massage It is a business trip massage company with no advance payment and no reservation fee in Seoul and Gyeonggi-do. Please use the website for detailed course consultation inquiries.For more at 출장마사지

    ReplyDelete